Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Mobile Learning Series: Educreations - creating instructional resources on the fly!

Educreations is an app that makes doing a SmartBoard style lesson easy enough to do on the fly and also keeps it easy by allowing you to capture and share any portion of your lesson.


You need: an iPad, iPodTouch, or iPhone, the Educreations app (free), and a VGA adaptor for a projector or an interactive whiteboard.

Once you have your Educreations app loaded, just sign up for an account (this can be done at any time during the process, even after you have recorded material). Sign up is quick, easy, painless.

How can you use this in your classroom?

Whatever your lesson may be, if it needs accompanying material you can provide, such as text (it includes a text tool for you to type in text), handwritten material or hand-drawn illustrations (it includes free-write tools in a few different colors), and even the ability to bring in photos to draw over.

Simply hit the "record" button, begin to speak and move through your lesson adding text and free-hand tools where necessary. When you are done, click the record button again. You can resume recording, or simply be done with the lesson capture by hitting "Done".

 At this point, you have a few options for sharing your captured lesson - through Dropbox, Facebook, Twitter, or you can copy an embed link. I like this option, because I like the idea of putting those captured lessons on my class web page or wiki for students to access any time they want as a learning resource. I can email the embed code to myself, or if I am mobile blogging, I can simply put it in on my Blogger app while I'm still on my mobile device. Here's a quick sample!

No comments:

Post a Comment